Our new Field Centre is a strategic resource, central to CLASP’s future. The challenge is to finance annual running costs of £2,500 (Read more about this here: Minutes of CLASP AGM 2019).
CLASP’s Trustees believe one element in meeting the challenge would be to launch a Club to help raise finance.
At the moment we want to find out how many people would join such a Club, so we can judge whether it is feasible.
- sets out how the Club would work, and
- asks all CLASP Members to express their interest so we can judge its potential (with apologies to those who have already said yes or no).
Operation of the proposed Club:
1. The Club to run for an initial three years. Club members will be asked to confirm each year whether they wish to continue to participate.
2. The annual cost of a share in the Club will be £60. Club members to pay either in full at the start of the period, by electronic transfer or cheque, or £5 monthly by Standing Order.
3. 50% of all money raised, net of small licensing expenses, will be paid out to Club members in the monthly Draw. The other 50% will help finance the cost of the Field Centre.
4. The monthly Draw will be at the CLASP Field centre or at a public venue. Winners will be notified directly. Subject to their agreement, their names will be published on the CLASP website.
5. The Club needs a minimum of 40 members to launch. There is nothing to prevent one member purchasing more than one share.
6. The number and size of monthly prizes will depend on the number of members. By way of illustration, with just 40 members there will be a pay-out of £60 in each of the first two months of each quarter and a first prize of about £115 and a second of £60 in the third month.
7. The Club will be run under a licence relating to the Small Society Lottery Regulation.
Please indicate your interest (or lack of interest) in joining in the Club, using this form:
It would be tremendous if the Club is able to be launched as this will be a key contributor to the viability of the Field Centre. Even if not supporting, please reply. Thank you.
Chairman, CLASP Organising Committee