- STOP PRESS: The excavation scheduled for the week commencing 17th September 2018 at the Anglo-Saxon cemetery at Nether Heyford has been changed to a further week at Thrupp, on the north side of the Daventry to Long Buckby Road. This has been caused by the farmer having to plant an earlier crop than anticipated, we do intend to return there in 2019 however.
- Public Meeting & AGM: Wednesday 3rd October
- Archaeology – Back To Our Roots
This illustrated account of the Whitehall Farm Roman Villa excavation was published in the spring 2018 edition of Gridline, a publication for National Grid’s grantors and landowners.
CLASP brings local archaeology enthusiasts together to investigate their local past.
Professional archaeologists lead the activities and contribute specialist skills when necessary – but the ‘amateurs’ are encouraged and enabled to learn skills for themselves and become self-sufficient in many aspects of archaeological investigation.
CLASP also provides talks and lectures as part of its commitment to encouraging local communities to ‘own’ their archaeological heritage.
The Reports & Submissions section of this website includes:
- CLASP case-studies
- reports on CLASP projects and activities
- CLASP geophysical survey reports
- CLASP technical guidance documents
- CLASP submissions to planning enquiries
You can find out more about CLASP by excavating this website using the links at the top of the page.
News and features are added as “Posts” which you see listed in the column on the right. You can opt to receive all new posts as emails.
To enter the Members’ Area, or to read “Protected” posts, you will need to be a CLASP member, and to use the password shown on your current CLASP membership card.
Watch the proceedings of the CLASP Conference 2016 online (Vimeo.com): nine talks plus the welcome and panel discussion.